Thursday, September 16, 2004

Is There More to Boris Than Meets the Eye?

Last night’s post on hospital cleaning and MRSA seems to have been accidentally topical, and Boris Johnson comments on Blair’s curious priorities in today’s telegraph.

I’ve got mixed feelings about Boris’ style of writing. On one hand I’m amused by his blend of semi coherent outrage and general bonhomie, on the other I’m not convinced that the genial buffoon he pretends to be would have succeeded in becoming a magazine editor, MP for one of the safest Conservative seats in the country and a shadow minister (even in this Conservative front bench) Nor am I much convinced that the forces of British Conservatism are helped by maintaining an image of Conservatives as bumbling, public school dilettantes. I think there’s more to Boris than meets the eye but I’m still waiting to see if he shows us what it is.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, all is going sound here and ofcourse every one is sharing data, that's truly excellent, keep up writing.

Review my web blog; オークリー サングラス

8:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com